Friday, January 18, 2013

LOVE....

Just talking about drinking more water..... obviously I didn't, that is why I am sick for the past 2 days... 

...............

.....


At PTI Make it Monday #100 this week
Dawn McVey showed us how to package cards with oversized embellishments, there's a video tutorial HERE, check it out!
Out of the three ways, I tried the one using glassine bag, not only I think it is pretty, also because I have a pack of glassine bag bought from Papertrey Ink sometime ago and it is about time to make used of them.

Here's the oversized card that won't fit into the envelope its size



and here's how I packaged it with glassine bag, I like that you can still see the pretty colors of the card


some other details....







supplies:
Stamp (pink label) - PTI labels basics stamp set
Stamp (round label) - PTI tag-its #1 mini stamp set
Stamp (leaves) - PTI leave print stamp set
Stamp (background) - PTI A little argyle stamp set
Stamp (background) - PTI love and marriage stamp set
Die Cut (xoxo) - PTI xoxo border die
Die cut (pink label) - PTI angled label dies collection
Die cut (glittered button) - PTI buttoned up #2 die
Twine (on button) - PTI rustic jute button twine



18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kirsty- thats fantastic! The card is a firework of colours!

Hugs
Elma

Sylvia said...

Love all the bright and cheery colors, Kirsty! I remember when you used to say, I can't do red and now you are a pro. Hope you are feeling better soon. It is just that time of year! Have a happy Friday!

Ros Crawford said...

Absolutely fabulous!! I really hope you are feeling better soon ... thinking of you

Shahrul Niza said...

Oh so pretty!!!. I LOVE how cute & chic the envelope is, perfect to celebrate LOVE :). Came to think of it, this card is perfect for the upcoming CNY, KL is now all painted in RED, LOL!!.

Marcia Hill said...

Love this card! It is so full of pretty elements and color...you did an outstanding job!! :0)

sandi said...

Wow! This is sooooooooooooooooo pretty!!!!!!!!!!!!! And the packaging! Wow! Love it all!!!!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeee the card and the bag!!! LOVING all those flowers!! Hope you feel better soon!!!!

AppleApricot Wen said...

Beautiful card and bag Kirsty! I love the way you can still see the card through the bag too. Especially because of the faded but still bright colors, matching the bag.

Hope you'll feel jumping alive soon!

Hugs, Wendy

Sue Lelli said...

just LOVE your LOVE card! So many Pretty Bright flowers and banners and doilies and the glassine bag is FAB!

Audrey Pettit said...

Now that is just stunning! With an envelope that beautiful it would be hard to open it up! But so worth it to get at that gorgeous card!
So sorry that you've been sick! Boo hiss!

Glenda Atkins said...

Beautiful card and I love the 'envelope' you made, it's fabulous!
hugs
Glenda

Unknown said...

A card filled with love and with a perfect envelope, too. Hope you get well soon Kirsty! Take care,
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Lynette Jacobs said...

Your card is a thing of beauty...and I love that you packaged it in a glassine bag...I usually end up using little organza bags.

victoria h said...

A pretty card and packaging with lots of lovely layers. The glassine bag does look fab I may have to buy some!

Linda Breedlove said...

Wow... so much to this card... LOVE the button as your O in love and the way you tied the twine. Beautiful papers, Kirsty... and I still have a package of those lovely tissue flowers from your Picnic Basket kit... they look gorgeous on here!!! One pretty envelope, too! I need to check out your link. Thanks!
Have a wonderful weekend!

Paper and Ribbons said...

Gorgeous, and such pretty packaging!

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry to hear you're not feeling well.. but I must say your card looks pretty.

Hugs

Stella said...

I hope you are on the mend by now ( I am a bit behind with blogging). Your card is lovely; thanks for the inspiration. I am always struggling with red:)