Wednesday, December 11, 2013

December Daily 2013 - December 3

It is looking like I will be blogging daily this month since I am doing December Daily for the first time.

December 3rd, 2013

Today is my first lesson for the new Tuesday class at a local elementary school, so I spent most of my morning preparing for work, and then when I get out of school at 4:30 PM, the sky already so dark, I just don't like the winter month when days are so short.

I wasn't in the mood for doing a lot of things lately, so we have been eating out, just right before we went out, I look out of my window and saw this



ahhhh.... beautiful sunset just right outside my window

I reminded myself.......

A thankful heart is the key to happiness

and I decided to make use this photo for my December Daily page 3



Sharing this at





*Edit - it is weird to see how the photo turn out on the blog post, the photo you see on my finished page looks exactly the same as the one on my computer, when I export the top photo to the blog post, I noticed the structure in front of the mountain is more visible compared to how it appeared on my computer and the hard copy I printed out, do you notice blogger to that to your photo as well?





18 comments:

Anonymous said...

very nice LO------- at tiem is here dark and I hope the day will be sunny
its 7.10am

elma

Anonymous said...

very nice LO------- at tiem is here dark and I hope the day will be sunny
its 7.10am

elma

Deb said...

Oh WOW the colours in the sunset look amazing.....what a fabulous photo. "No words needed" is a fabulous title too.

Audrey Pettit said...

I commend you for tackling this big December project, Kirsty...especially when you're not feeling the holiday spirit. But I think it's fabulous that you are capturing your true daily life and feelings here. This sunset is beautiful, and I love your page. The text print background with the misting and masked chevrons are wonderful. No words needed, indeed!
I bought all the ingredients to try your apple pastries. Got the girls coming over tomorrow. Thanks again for sharing the recipe. :)

Irene said...

Absolutely stunning and magical Kirsty.
luv
irene
xxxx

♥ Mary Janes TEAROOM said...

Such a pretty photograph Kirsty...definitely a magical view from your window!
Happy Wednesday!
Susan x

Tieva-Design said...

What a wonderful picture and layout too.
Gabi

Radhika said...

Beautiful page .. a wonderful sunset view from your window.. :)

Unknown said...

These winter sunsets are the best, such a view is a true gift of the day!
Ira’s Crea Corner

mandysea said...

what a gift to see - just when you needed it the most....
Its a beautiful sight and I'm so glad you put it in your dec daily - gorgeous photography- you have that gift too!
LOVE the misted, texutred chevrons in the background - suits it perfectly! Thanks so much for coming and sharing with us!!

Lynnda said...

Beautiful photo and what a gorgeous page Kirsty!.... hugs...x

Contagiously Crafty said...

Great layout- way to make the picture the star of the show. The masking and spritzing are perfect behind, understated and yet supportive.

I don't enjoy the new controls on the Google Plus site and/or automatically on my blogspot posts. They automatically adjust and the ability to control those adjustments is just not intuitive. If they exist, I haven't found them. Still, both photos look great and convey a beautiful sunset. However, the foreground images are better when they are lost in the shadows.

Great layout.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous!! I loveeeeeeee that photo and the masking!!!!!

sandi said...

Fabulous page!!!!!!!!!! Love the look of the misting with that pic.......looks awesome!

Unknown said...

I do miss those beautiful desert sunsets. We do have them hear but not as spectacular as the desert ones. I have heard that if you use google+ they won't change the way your photo looks when uploaded and then I heard that they only change if you have Google+. So I don't know which one is true. I have not noticed mine changing but I have heard other people talking about it.

Hugs~

Glenda Atkins said...

Wow that is one awesome sunset! I too hate the short winter days and the sun so low in the sky it blocks your vision. Can't wait till spring!
hugs
Glenda

Unknown said...

Totally agree, no words needed, beautiful sunset!

dawn said...

That is a GORGESOUS sunset, lucky you to see it and capture it. We haven't had any in quite awhile and I miss them, so glad I saw yours.
This is a perfect page and I agree with no words needed.

Blogging daily for DD was always my favorite in the past, this month I'm trying to stay off the computer but then get behind and feel bad for not being caught up. Not sure how to find the balance.

Love seeing your pages, so glad your doing it this year!