Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Creative Blog Hop

You might have seen the Creative Blog Hop going around lately....

source


I was fortunate enough, that my dear friend Ros nominated me as one of the crafter that inspired her, thank you Ros, you are a great inspiration to me as well.

Here are the answers of the questions being asked -

What am I working on
I usually get my DT work done as soon as we have the theme set up, they includes work for City Crafter Challenge Blog and LESSology monthly challenge. Besides the DT work, I took part in a few challenges regularly, like Papertrey ink make it monday, My Favorite Things color palette challenge and Moxie Fab World whenever they have a challenge.

How does my work differ from others of it genre
I don't know, you tell me, LOL!
I only know that I like trying different thing, I love shabby chic, lots of layers but I also love clean and simple, especially now that postage are so high, I tends to do more flat, envelope friendly cards.

Why do I create what I do
Simply one word - JOY

How does your creative process work
Not sure if it sounds weird to you, most of the time, when I see something that inspired me, it could be a magazine cover, it could be window display, it could be something I see from blogland, images from tumblr etc.... I need to get to my craft room like right away.... when it doesn't allowed, it bothers me even in my sleep, I will keep thinking about it and just can't wait for get into the craft room first thing in the morning. But.... a lot of time, the project just didn't come up the way I had in mind, it revolves along the way.... and it might turn out something completely different from what I had in mind at the first place, weird?

Alright, so much of me, I better stop here.

To keep the Creative Blog Hop going, I have to pick two crafters that I admire, here you go....

Audrey Pettit from A Peek Into My Scrappy World
What I love most about Audrey's work is.... she is just amazing in everything she does, she has an eye for colors, her style is sweet and feminine and very eye catching, besides all her paper crafts, she also great at sewing, every time she posted a sewing project, I just want to run into my craft room and pull some of the fabrics out and start working, haha.. but my craft room is so packed and I had to put the fabrics in a big plastic box at the bottom of all the paper, that makes it hard to get them out, whew...

Audrey is good at holiday decor, especially halloween, if you haven't seen one of Audrey's haunted house tour, you gotta to check it out.

........................

Ira Huberts from Ira's Crea Corner
Ira's work is like a beautiful display in an art gallery, a museum..... every of her projects looks like it needs tons of hours, it is complex and it always come with a story, but most importantly, it is always unique and beautiful.

Thanks for the inspiration Audrey and Ira, I hope you keep the Creative Blog Hop going in this great place we all shared - THE BLOGLAND!




16 comments:

Davi said...

Always fun to hear how others go about creating and what makes them tick!!

Sue Lelli said...

What a great post, Kirsty and so interesting!

Denise van Deventer said...

Super post Kirsty...always ice to read and learn a little bit more about somebody! Your work is always so pretty and creative...

Juls said...

Nice to learn a bit more about you :-) xx

Anonymous said...

very good post!
Elma

Audrey Pettit said...

What a fabulous post, Kirsty! It is so fun to read more about you and I LOVE your mood board project photo. I'm smiling over your comment about needing to get into your scraproom immediately if inspiration hits... haha, love that! And thank you so much for your sweet words! I seriously appreciate you and your friendship more than you could know! <3

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loved reading more about you!!!

Unknown said...

Awww... What a sweet post. I have to agree Audrey and Ira's work is amazing, as well as yours..

Hope all is well my friend. We will be on the road once again in about an hour.. We are off to Memphis..

Hugs~

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this post Kirsty, Ira's work is awesome as is yours friend!!!

Tieva-Design said...

Thank you for giving us a look into your creative soul ;o)
Gabi

Ros Crawford said...

Yay!! Great post my friend and you picked 2 wonderful ladies there!

Unknown said...

What a lovely post, Kirsty! It's so nice to read all about your creative processes. I love the great diversity which you show, we're always in for a treat when visiting your blog, because there's always something nice and different, which I absolutely love! Thanks so so much for your sweet, kind words, they made me blush... Off to check out Audrey's blog now, you made me curious ;-)

Caz said...

A lovely sweet post. I love reading about other creative people an dhow they work :-)

dawn said...

Hello Kirsty,
This was so fun to read!! Love finding out more about you and your work process too. Do you have a schedule like by the day of what you work on? How many hours a day/week do you spend crafting?
I totally relate to the need to create as soon as you get an idea. I'm the same way when I wake up with colors on my mind and they have to come out on paper. I've also lost sleep over excitement for crafting ideas too.
How fun your place setting is for friends. Would love to sit outside with you and enjoy the cooler weather.
You are so creative on everything.
Have a wonderful day friend!

Lynette Jacobs said...

I always enjoy reading about the person behind the art.

Manuela said...

Great post and the card and heart is so super sweet!