Saturday, May 30, 2015

Crisp Air and Waterfalls

First of all, I want to THANK everyone for your lovely birthday wishes!

THANK YOU!!!



.......................

Crisp Air and Waterfalls

Yosemite National Park (part 1)

{May 16, 2015}

2 weeks ago, we drove to Valencia, CA for Clare's graduation, Papi had a sleep over with Clare and Jared at their new apartment.....


Randy and I drove another 4 hours and had one of the item from my 2015 bucket list checked off - Yosemite National Park!


America has so many beautiful national parks, my friends from Germany flew here every year just to visit some, there is really no reason that we are living so close and haven't been to most. I have been to Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches, Canyon Land national park and Valley of fire state park, Yosemite national and the Yellow stone was on my bucket list, in the beginning of 2015, I told DH that we should at least have one checked off this year and we did!


We stayed at The Monarch at Mariposa, it is small but nice and friendly hotel, they are pet friendly too, so next time I could bring Papi along.


roaring river, ahhhh......


this is the entrance to the park


this was our first stop - Bridal Veil Fall


I thought of Winnie the Pooh when I saw this.....


here's one of my favorite quote

"Sometimes, if you stand on the bottom rail of a bridge and lean over to watch the river slipping slowly away beneath you, you will suddenly know everything there is to be known."

~ Winnie the Pooh

our next stop is Tunnel view


you can see Bridal Veil Fall on the right


next photo is one of my favorite


I just love the layers of the mountains and sky

It was getting dark at this point, we decided to drive back to the hotel, had dinner at a nearby restaurant - Charles Street Dinner House, good was great!


.......................

More birthday wishes

from Stella



Sweet card and gift package, thank you my friend!




13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this wonderful pictures!

elma

Tieva-Design said...

Thanks fot those wonderful photos.
Gabi

Ros Crawford said...

Beautiful photos!! So glad you got to tick another item off your bucket list ... Lovely card from Stella too!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I have always wanted to go there! SO gorgeous!!!!!

Adam said...

beautiful pictures of the trip

Contagiously Crafty said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time. I love that you have a bucket list for the year and that you do something on the last.

Maria said...

Looks like heaven and I felt it was for we visited Yosemite last year! Glad you had a wonderful time and awesome birthday!:-)

Lynette Jacobs said...

I always love seeing your travel photos...the park is beautiful. Thank you for taking your readers along xx

Manuela said...

more wonderful and amazing nature shots! Hope I can also visit this wonderful place one day!

Greta said...

Glad you got to Yosemite! We went there on our honeymoon & have never made it back. Your photos are wonderful!

Denise van Deventer said...

Beautiful photo's.....so amazing! Nature at it's best! ;-)

Audrey Pettit said...

What an amazing way to celebrate a birthday! Love it there! Thanks so much for sharing your gorgeous photos!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Beautiful!