Sunday, April 2, 2017

Garden Notes and a New Card

Surprise! I have a new card this week, LOL!
I know, I haven't been in the craft room much other than my DT duty.


I thought I would link this up with Simon Says Stamps Wednesday Challenge

Products used in this project includes, PapertreyInk, My favorite thing and Creative Time for Me.


and now the garden notes....


back in October when we repaint our patio, the handy man throw out a few pieces of wood from the old patio that cannot be reused, I picked them up and make a little stand for vegetable garden, however, I didn't have much success besides scallions.


I tried growing lemon from seeds, but everytime when it come to this stage....


it dies....
this photo was the first batch, and then the second batch grow a little bigger than the ones in the photo, but die after I transplant them to a bigger pot, maybe I just do not have green thumb, does anyone have tips to share?


probably I should just do the easy stuff and not try to grow vegetable from seeds, like putting this bottom part of the celery after we ate what we want into the soil....


and it just grow like crazy


we cut a few off each time when we need some and it just keep growing.
Well, I would still love to learn how to grow my own vegetable from seeds, please share with me if you have any tips or advice for me, thanks and have a wonderful weekend!






16 comments:

Anonymous said...

wonderful card!
Hello from Elma

Marina said...

ooh pretty card.

Juls said...

Fab card & lovely to see your garden adventures xx

Ros Crawford said...

No tips for you Kirsty but your card is beautiful!

Tieva-Design said...

I love this beautiful card... and the little garden too.
Gabi

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeee your card! LOVING the colors!!! And I don't have any tips for gardening :( Like you, I live in the desert, so we have never tried it, since it's sooooooooo hot here most times of the year! :(

Adam said...

nice card

Greta said...

Oh what a beautiful card, Kirsty! I love the leaves, the scallops, the design--everything! I'm not one to ask about gardening--very big up here, but not something I do. However, I did finally ask the owner of the garden center why my lilac never bloomed. He said it just needed fertilizer, which I bought & used as directed starting last summer. Sure enough--it's got lots of buds about to open & I am beyond thrilled! Will take pictures & post on my blog. Wishing you a great week & give Papi a pat on the head. You need to put a picture of him on your blog--miss seeing him!

Contagiously Crafty said...

Of course I enjoy the blue and green leaves card. It is wonderfully graphic - a bit of a departure for you but working perfectly! I confess to being less of a green thumb than you are and so, alas, I don't have any sage wisdom to impart. I know growing in the desert is a challenge and will wish you well on your endeavors!

Sue Lelli said...

Pretty card! LOVE that you are trying to grow vegetables. The celery turned out great!

Christi Flores said...

Such a pretty card! I too have tried (and failed) the whole gardening thing. I've been on Pinterest like crazy lately because I want to give it another shot. Maybe I should start with celery! :) Thanks for sharing!

Sylvia said...

Your celery is amazing, Kirsty...wish I could get mine to do that! Try planting your lemon seeds in toilet paper rolls with something stuffed in the bottom....when they are big enough, plant in big pots and leave there until about 3 feet tall. When you plant remove whatever it is from the bottom and plant the whole thing. These are trees and roots need to be strong before disturbing them. Also don't over water...check out on Pinterest, but I think this will work. We have some beautiful lemon trees. some are in giant pots and two are in the ground. Even with frost sheets, the ones in the ground freeze back to about 3 feet, but don't die. The pots we bring in.

Your card is so Spring, just simple and beautiful! Happy Monday!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Love the design of your card and love seeing a peek at your garden! I have a small garden on the side of my house and always start my seeds inside the house first in little pods until they grow too big and can safely be transplanted outside. I have never thought to try celery like that but now I can't wait! Thanks for the idea! Do you just simply plant one stalk in thorough or just a left over peice?

Audrey Pettit said...

Cute card, Kirsty, with some super fun watercoloring! I love the trio of leaves and the bit of splatter you added with the paint. :D
Wish I had some gardening tips for you, but I don't have much of a green thumb, either. I do think it's especially hard to grow veggies from seeds. You might have more success buying a small transplant, instead of the seeds. And I know I have a bit more luck with herbs than I do with fruit or vegetables. Would love to hear how things go for you, if you keep trying!

Denise van Deventer said...

Gorgeous card....so pretty! Great trying your hand at the vegetable planting...the celery looks super! Just keep persevering with the other things...sometimes the seeds one gets are not great.

Stella said...

I don't have any tips because our climate is much milder with plenty of rain and not as burning hot as Las Vegas.....But I do LOVE your card!